We are currently recruiting for a Technical Assistant preferably based in Athens to join our global technical team. This role would be primarily based in our Marousi office but with the possibility of hybrid working. A 2-3 week training period at our UK Head Office may also be required.
What you'll do
- General report processing, reviewing, re-writing and / or Quality Checking (QC) review of final reports within the technical team;
- Uploading and organisation of reports and supporting data to the ASIMS inspection management system;
- Downloading, organisation and sharing of various data from outsourced surveyors, in support of the internal processing requirements;
- Providing general administrative support to the technical team whenever required;
- Contributing to the delivery of Classification Records Reviews (CRR);
- Contributing to the delivery of Remote Asset Reviews (RAR);
- Contributing to the successful delivery of bespoke project work as may be required from time to time, always under the strict direction of the Senior Surveyor;
- Contribution to surveyor feedback and performance loops, supporting surveyor performance standards and continuous improvement where possible;
- Responding to surveyor queries as they arise from time to time;
- Supporting compliance with the company’s quality management system as governed by the ISO:9001 standard;
- Becoming fully familiar with the types of survey conducted by Idwal Marine, how standards differ, how the products and final reports vary and offering technical support into each one:- General condition inspections – key finance clients
- General condition inspections – general finance clients
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Pre-charter vetting inspections
- General charterer vetting inspections
- Flag surveys (General Inspections)
- Contributing effectively and suggesting any software or process changes which may be required in order to streamline the technical workload;
- Promote, protect and preserve the reputation of Idwal Marine Services and the Graig Group of Companies and undertake any other tasks that may be requested from time to time.
- On completion of training, partial responsibility will be held for allocated customer-related technical reports and review of surveyor-originated data in order to meet the required standards for the final product within prescribed deadlines.
- All data will be passed to the senior technical team for a final review and sign off prior to release to the customer.
Working at idwal
Whilst we have a 100 year-old history as part of the Graig Shipping Group, we have also revolutionised the industry with the introduction of the first online ship inspection platform and have embarked on a scale-up strategy which has allowed us to bring
a number of technology advancements to our customers, who range from traditional shipping companies, banks, finance houses, insurance companies and brokers. At the simplest level our platform allows anybody to order a vessel survey at any port in the world, then view the results and receive our unique “Idwal Grade”.
Interested? Get in touch with our recruitment team to find out more. Either send your CV or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com or speak to Allison Hetherton on 02920 446 644.